The Use of Japanese Adjectives Ureshii and Tanoshii
This study is a semantic study that explores the genre of meaning in general. It focuses on the synonyms of adjectives ureshii and tanoshii in the construction of sentences in the Japanese language. The objective of this study is to discuss similarities and differences of the usage of synonyms ureshii and tanoshii and also to analyse the implementation from the perspective of adjectives in the Malay language. The data selected for this study are sentences that contained ureshii and tanoshii lexicons based on Shinmeikai Japanese Language Dictionary (2012). This study utilizes qualitative research methodology in which the data are analysed descriptively. Besides that, the data are also analysed using textual analysis based on the conceptual framework by Ibrahim Ahmad (2005). The findings of this study elucidate the technical differences in the usage of Japanese adjectives ureshii and tanoshii as compared to Malay adjectives gembira [happy] and seronok [excited]. It shows that the two adjectives have similar meaning and nuance but cannot be used interchangeably. The outcomes of this study can be used as reference material for teachers and students to master the usage of adjectives in Japanese language. Lastly, further studies on Japanese lexicon keiyoushi should be carried out entirely.
Duduong, J. (2018) Analisis makna dan penggunaan "Iroiro-Na Dan Samazama-Na" dalam kalimat Bahasa Jepang. Jurnal Elektronik Fakultas Sastra Universitas Sam Ratulangi, 1(1), 1-13. Fatin Nadirah, & Mohd Yusof (2018). Negative transfer in second language writing among Malay university students. (Tesis Sarjana). University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Ibrahim Ahmad. (2002). Perkamusan Melayu: Suatu pengenalan. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.
Ichikawa, E. (1997). Nihongo Goyou Youreibun Kojiten = Dictionary of Japanese
Ikita Reibun De Manabu Nihongo Hyougen Bunkei Jiten, "生きた" 例文で学ぶ日本語表現文型辞典. (2005). アスク出版編集部.
Kamus Dewan Edisi Keempat (2015). Kuala Lumpur. Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka
Kamus Linguistik. (1997). Kuala Lumpur. Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka
Kamus Pelajar Edisi Kedua (2015). Kuala Lumpur. Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka
Kobayashi, N. (1992). 「必ず・確かに・確か・きっと・ぜひ」の意味分析. Journal of Japanese language teaching, (7), 1-17.
Naila Fauziah (2019). Analisis kontrastif ungkapan keharusan dalam Bahasa Jepang (~Nakerebanaranai, ~Naitoikenai) dan harus dan mesti dalam Bahasa Indonesia. (Tesis Sarjana Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia). Bandung, Indonesia. Nursanti, A., & Supriatnaningsih, R. (2019). Analisis kesalahan penggunaan Fukushi Kanarazu, Kitto, Zettai
(Ni) dan zehi pada mahasiswa prodi pendidikan bahasa Jepang UNNES. CHI'E: Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa Jepang, 7(2), 59-62. Putri, I. (2019). Sinonim adjektiva utsukushii dan kireida dalam bahasa Jepang: Kajian Semantik. Jurnal SORA, 3(2), 90-101.
Siagian, B. (2018). Analisis fungsi dan makna verba yaru dan suru sebagai sinonim. (Tesis Sarjana). Universiti Sumatera Utara. Medan, Indonesia. Sinclair, J. (2006). Collins Cobuild advanced learner's English dictionary. Glasgow: HarperCollins. Siregar, H. A. (2018). Analisis nuansa makna sinonim kirai dan iya dalam komik "Kekkon Shiyouyo". (Tesis Sarjana). Universitas Sumatera Utara. Medan, Indonesia.
Siti Abdullah, & Jais Sahok. (2019). Sinonim leksikal dalam bahasa Iban dan Salako. Sains Humanika, 11(2), 35-45.
Sudjianto, Dian Meilani, & Andini (2017). Kamus Jepang-Indonesia. Jakarta Selatan. KAWAHMedia.
Thaiyibah Sulaiman & Yoko Kami (1997). Nahu Bahasa Jepun. Kuala Lumpur: Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.
Verhaar, J.W.M. (1978). Pengantar linguistik Jilid I. J.W.M. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
Wijayanti, P. (2018). Penggunaan ungkapan meminta maaf dan berterima kasih sebagai respon dalam bahasa Jepang serta pendekatan yang tepat dalam pembelajarannya. E- Jurnal Mitra Pendidikan, 2(8), 853-866.
Copyright Transfer Statement for Journal
1) In signing this statement, the author(s) grant UNIMAS Publisher an exclusive license to publish their original research papers. The author(s) also grant UNIMAS Publisher permission to reproduce, recreate, translate, extract or summarize, and to distribute and display in any forms, formats, and media. The author(s) can reuse their papers in their future printed work without first requiring permission from UNIMAS Publisher, provided that the author(s) acknowledge and reference publication in the Journal.
2) For open access articles, the author(s) agree that their articles published under UNIMAS Publisher are distributed under the terms of the CC-BY-NC-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, for non-commercial purposes, provided the original work of the author(s) is properly cited.
3) For subscription articles, the author(s) agree that UNIMAS Publisher holds copyright, or an exclusive license to publish. Readers or users may view, download, print, and copy the content, for academic purposes, subject to the following conditions of use: (a) any reuse of materials is subject to permission from UNIMAS Publisher; (b) archived materials may only be used for academic research; (c) archived materials may not be used for commercial purposes, which include but not limited to monetary compensation by means of sale, resale, license, transfer of copyright, loan, etc.; and (d) archived materials may not be re-published in any part, either in print or online.
4) The author(s) is/are responsible to ensure his or her or their submitted work is original and does not infringe any existing copyright, trademark, patent, statutory right, or propriety right of others. Corresponding author(s) has (have) obtained permission from all co-authors prior to submission to the journal. Upon submission of the manuscript, the author(s) agree that no similar work has been or will be submitted or published elsewhere in any language. If submitted manuscript includes materials from others, the authors have obtained the permission from the copyright owners.
5) In signing this statement, the author(s) declare(s) that the researches in which they have conducted are in compliance with the current laws of the respective country and UNIMAS Journal Publication Ethics Policy. Any experimentation or research involving human or the use of animal samples must obtain approval from Human or Animal Ethics Committee in their respective institutions. The author(s) agree and understand that UNIMAS Publisher is not responsible for any compensational claims or failure caused by the author(s) in fulfilling the above-mentioned requirements. The author(s) must accept the responsibility for releasing their materials upon request by Chief Editor or UNIMAS Publisher.
6) The author(s) should have participated sufficiently in the work and ensured the appropriateness of the content of the article. The author(s) should also agree that he or she has no commercial attachments (e.g. patent or license arrangement, equity interest, consultancies, etc.) that might pose any conflict of interest with the submitted manuscript. The author(s) also agree to make any relevant materials and data available upon request by the editor or UNIMAS Publisher.