EFFECT OF EARTH COVERING AND WATER BODY ON LAND SURFACE TEMPERATURE (LST)
Land surface covering and water body play an important role on local environment especially on Land Surface Temperature (LST). In study above mentioned concept has been conducted on the drainage basin of Atai-Bhairab-Rupsha river confluence which is an important place both for agriculture and trade in the south-western part of Bangladesh. Here the impact of both surface covering and water body on local environmental factor like LST is being analyzed to determine the main catalyst in ever changing LST. LST study in this area which is changed dramatically recently may be a well-defined index, reflects environmental conditions. LST is mainly altered by the factors like land surface covering such as vegetation represented by NDVI, water body by NDWI, and barren or urban area by NDBI but only few are key factors. The gradual changes of these four parameters (LST, NDVI, NDWI, and NDBI) are studied for the years 1991, 1996, 2002, 2006, 2011 and 2017. From the LST study, it is observed that from 1991 to 2017 highest temperature decreased significantly and the difference between 1991 and 2017 is greater than 100C. Variation of lowest temperature all these years are insignificant. Meanwhile, from NDVI analysis if is observed that area of vegetation coverage increased in a significant rate from the years 1991 to 2017. The area of water body is being found almost unchanged in this time period from the NDWI analysis. Nevertheless, from the NDBI analysis it is found that the barren area is diminished significantly in this period and is obviously replaced by vegetation. At all, it can be said that the highest value of NDVI in 1991 is greater than 2017 denotes some short of drought or increasing salinity condition but in general viewpoint vegetation helps to keep surface temperature under control.
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Civil Engineering, Science and Technology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright Transfer Statement for Journal
1) In signing this statement, the author(s) grant UNIMAS Publisher an exclusive license to publish their original research papers. The author(s) also grant UNIMAS Publisher permission to reproduce, recreate, translate, extract or summarize, and to distribute and display in any forms, formats, and media. The author(s) can reuse their papers in their future printed work without first requiring permission from UNIMAS Publisher, provided that the author(s) acknowledge and reference publication in the Journal.
2) For open access articles, the author(s) agree that their articles published under UNIMAS Publisher are distributed under the terms of the CC-BY-NC-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, for non-commercial purposes, provided the original work of the author(s) is properly cited.
3) For subscription articles, the author(s) agree that UNIMAS Publisher holds copyright, or an exclusive license to publish. Readers or users may view, download, print, and copy the content, for academic purposes, subject to the following conditions of use: (a) any reuse of materials is subject to permission from UNIMAS Publisher; (b) archived materials may only be used for academic research; (c) archived materials may not be used for commercial purposes, which include but not limited to monetary compensation by means of sale, resale, license, transfer of copyright, loan, etc.; and (d) archived materials may not be re-published in any part, either in print or online.
4) The author(s) is/are responsible to ensure his or her or their submitted work is original and does not infringe any existing copyright, trademark, patent, statutory right, or propriety right of others. Corresponding author(s) has (have) obtained permission from all co-authors prior to submission to the journal. Upon submission of the manuscript, the author(s) agree that no similar work has been or will be submitted or published elsewhere in any language. If submitted manuscript includes materials from others, the authors have obtained the permission from the copyright owners.
5) In signing this statement, the author(s) declare(s) that the researches in which they have conducted are in compliance with the current laws of the respective country and UNIMAS Journal Publication Ethics Policy. Any experimentation or research involving human or the use of animal samples must obtain approval from Human or Animal Ethics Committee in their respective institutions. The author(s) agree and understand that UNIMAS Publisher is not responsible for any compensational claims or failure caused by the author(s) in fulfilling the above-mentioned requirements. The author(s) must accept the responsibility for releasing their materials upon request by Chief Editor or UNIMAS Publisher.
6) The author(s) should have participated sufficiently in the work and ensured the appropriateness of the content of the article. The author(s) should also agree that he or she has no commercial attachments (e.g. patent or license arrangement, equity interest, consultancies, etc.) that might pose any conflict of interest with the submitted manuscript. The author(s) also agree to make any relevant materials and data available upon request by the editor or UNIMAS Publisher.